At Bilbrook Middle School teachers set homework for the following reasons:
- to encourage a positive attitude to learning;
- to improve learning and progress;
- to stimulate intellectual curiosity and encourage independent learning;
- to consolidate skills and knowledge;
- to reinforce and extend classwork.
Students are expected to make a regular commitment to homework and are encouraged to manage their own time with the assistance of a homework diary.
The times listed below show the amount of homework that students can expect to have.
Homework Schedule 2017/18
|Years/Time||Weekly homework 45 minutes a week||Weekly homework 20 minutes a week||Learn at home projects 3 hours per half term|
|5 and 6||English Mathematics||French Computing Science||Expressive – Art, Drama, Music, PE or Technology Humanities – Citizenship, Geography, History or RE Various Projects to be included|
|Years/Time||Weekly homework 60 minutes a week||Weekly homework 30 minutes a week|
|7 and 8||English Mathematics||French Computing Science|