At Bilbrook Middle School teachers set homework for the following reasons:
- to encourage a positive attitude to learning;
- to improve learning and progress;
- to stimulate intellectual curiosity and encourage independent learning;
- to consolidate skills and knowledge;
- to reinforce and extend classwork.
Students are expected to make a regular commitment to homework and are encouraged to manage their own time with the assistance of a homework diary.
The times listed below show the amount of homework that students can expect to have.
Homework Schedule 2015/16
|Years/Time||Weekly homework45 minutes a week||Weekly homework20 minutes a week||Learn at home projects3 hours per half term|
|5 and 6||EnglishMathematics||FrenchComputing
|Expressive – Art, Drama, Music, PE or Technology
Humanities – Citizenship, Geography, History or RE
|Years/Time||Weekly homework60 minutes a week||Weekly homework30 minutes a week|
|7 and 8||EnglishMathematics||FrenchComputing
Shown below are links to homework resources from some of our teachers.